We’re excited to welcome Charlotte Scottish Rite Childrens Learning Center to GoodSearch and GoodShop! More than 69,000 nonprofits and schools are now participating in our program and 100 new organizations are joining daily! Your organization is up and running on our two sites:
- GoodSearch.com – The search engine with a unique social mission. It’s powered by Yahoo!, so you get great search results, and each time you search, GoodSearch makes a donation to your cause!
- GoodShop.com – The new online marketplace that donates a percentage of your purchase to the nonprofit or school of your choice. You can choose from hundreds of popular merchants and the experience of shopping through GoodShop is exactly the same as going to the retailer’s websites directly.
GoodSearch can be as successful as you choose to make it. So before you start, please check out our Spread the Word page – http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx.Some things to do right away to get the word out to your supporters include:
- Sending out an e-mail asking them to start using GoodSearch and GoodShop
- Putting a GoodSearch logo and Search Box on your site
- Setting a goal. For example, “We are trying to earn (insert amount) dollars this year from GoodSearch which will pay for (insert project goal).” Update your supporters in newsletters and on your Web site!
Other great tips include teaming up with a local school or company and asking them to search and shop on your behalf and contacting your local tv or radio station to pitch them a story on how people can support your cause every time they search the Internet or shop online. Here’s some of the press coverage thus far.Lastly, please be sure to check out our FAQ, for details on our payment schedule, trouble-shooting tips, etc.Thanks so much for joining GoodSearch and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do to help you!Sincerely,The GoodSearch Team